If you suffer from migraine then you will know what I mean when you get those killer headaches, affecting one half of your head, pulsating in nature and lasting from 2 to 72 hours. What happens next is that you may be bed ridden and your eyes will become sensitive to light.
Further, you will likely be also experiencing the following:
- Sensitivity to light, sound or smell
- Physical activity like getting up and walking around will sometimes worsen the symptoms.
Did you know that up to one third of people with migraine headaches perceive an aura: a transient visual, sensory, language, or motor disturbance which signals that the headache will soon occur? Occasionally an aura can occur with little or no headache following it. Symptoms can be visual, sensory or motor in nature and many people experience more than one.
Some factors contributing to the cause of Migraines (mixture of environment & genetic factors):
- Two-thirds of cases run in the family
- Changing hormone levels
- Migraines can affect more boys than girls before puberty
- Occurs two to three times more in women than men
- environmental, stress of either a physical or emotional nature,
- nutritional deficiencies,
- allergic reactions,
- bright lights,
- loud noises, and
- certain odors or perfumes,
- changes in sleeping patterns,
- smoking or smoke exposure,
- skipping meals,
- menstrual cycle fluctuations,
- birth control pills,
- hormone fluctuations during the menopause,
- foods containing tyramine (red wine, aged cheese, smoked fish, chicken livers, figs, and some beans),
- monosodium glutamate (MSG) or nitrates (like bacon, hot dogs, and salami).
Interestingly, the risk of migraines usually decreases during pregnancy.
At the simplest, most obvious level, Reiki treatment helps lessen the impact of stress, releasing tension from the entire system. Not only does the person move toward his or her own unique balance in body, mind and spirit, but also, depending on the level of physical health when Reiki begins, the body’s own healing mechanisms often begin functioning more effectively.
Try Reiki today, a holistic way of bringing balance to your life without medication.