Crystals are used in feng shui in a variety of ways, all with one single goal – to create good feng shui energy in your home.
The word crystal comes from the Greek word krystallos, meaning frozen light. Crystals have been used over the centuries for a myriad of purposes – from healing to protection to decoration.
In feng shui, crystals are widely used for the specific energy, or the vibrations they bring to your home or office. For example, the rose quartz crystal is used to attract love and romance, as well as heal a broken heart.
Feng shui-wise, the rose quartz crystal emanates specific frequencies that promote heart healing. Black tourmaline and hematite have strong protective energies, while citrine helps heal self-esteem issues, as well as attract wealth and abundance.
FENG SHUI USE OF CRYSTALS TIP # 1:
- Two rose quartz hearts are often placed in the Southwest feng shui area of the home to promote happy energy in a love relationship. Often a full bowl of rose quartz crystals is placed in the bedroom as a feng shui love cure.
FENG SHUI USE OF CRYSTALS TIP # 2:
- If your child has trouble focusing/concentrating and tends to get overexcited, several pieces of hematite will help grounding and center his or her energy. You can place them either in your child’s room, or in the West (Children & Creativity) feng shui area of your home. Tumbled hematite, is also often used in feng shui for grounding and centering energy, as well as for protection.
FENG SHUI USE OF CRYSTALS TIP # 3:
- A good feng shui use of black tourmaline, obsidian, and hematite is by the front door to benefit from their protective qualities. You can place several tumbled hematites or black tourmaline stones either outside or inside your front door in a visually pleasing way. For example, if you have big pots with plants on both sides of the main door, you can place the stones on top of the soil or at the base of your plant pot.
FENG SHUI USE OF CRYSTALS TIP # 4:
- Blue kyanite and citrine are the two crystals that never need cleansing as they do not absorb negative energy. You can use blue kyanite for protection and relaxation/stress relief, while citrine is one of the classical feng shui cures to attract wealth. You can strengthen the healing energy of blue kyanite by using it – be it in jewelry or in decor displays – with a clear quartz crystal. The abundant energy of citrine can be strengthened/multiplied by using it with rich fiery/earth stones such as carnelian, red agate, jasper and tiger’s eye.
FENG SHUI USE OF CRYSTALS TIP # 5:
- It is best to cleanse the crystals when you first buy or receive them as a gift. Crystal cleansing resets their vibration to be receptive to the new home and the new owner. Crystals should be cleansed regularly, as well as treated in a respectful and loving manner. You can cleanse crystals in many ways, from submerging them in pure water (with or without salt) to smudging them during your space clearing sessions. Be sure to place your crystals in good energy areas, such as your dining, living room or main entry table, your bookshelves and, of course, your altar.
Be sure to earn more about the feng shui properties of crystals and stones and bring some crystals into your home. Most crystals are very affordable and easy to purchase either on-line, or at numerous gift stores and bookshops. When purchasing crystals for feng shui purposes, be sure to ask if the crystals have been radiated or artificially coloured (these treatments diminish the healing power of crystals and stones).
Let me add just a bit of history to conclude our feng shui use of crystals exploration. Knowledge of crystals has been used in ancient Atlantis, in South America, Egypt, Tibet, and many other cultures around the globe. Early works on astrology, written in Sanskrit and dating back to 400 BC, make elaborate observations on the origin and power of crystals.
Gift your home with some natural crystals. After all, you and your family will be the ones to benefit from their healing energies.
* Please note that the feng shui crystal healing properties do not apply to man-made or radiated crystals. When choosing crystals for good feng shui in your home, choose wisely.